Pee on the couch? Get ready for the hard work. Accidents are inevitable, of course, that’s why there are called accidents. And pet urinating on your couch is one of such accidents, that homeowners often have to face. Upholstery cleaning and maintaining become much difficult when you have pets in the home. Obviously, you don’t have a choice to make, you love both, your pets and furniture. What you can do to prevent such accidents is potty train your pets; but it’s not an overnight procedure, it takes your patience and efforts. So, the last option you are left with is quite obvious, to clean the urine off upholstery as soon as the accident happens.
Best Ways to Clean Urine Stain off Your Couch
Fresh Urine Stain Removal
- The first step is to act immediately as soon as the accident transpires. Treating a fresh urine stain is easier, than the one which has dried out. Blot the wet stain with a microfibre cloth, to extract the excess amount of urine from the couch. Be gentle, pressing too hard can spread it.
– You can also use a wet dry vac, which has the fewer chances of spreading the urine.
- Make a cleaning solution, by mixing 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid with two cups of cold water.
- Afterward, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar for the disinfection of the stained area.
- Dip a sponge into the prepared cleaning solution and work it on the targeted area.
- Work on the affected area from outside of the stain towards the center. Practice this technique for the stain removal, because you would not want to spread it. Keep repeating until there is no more urine on the couch.
- Once the stain has vanished, clean the detergent residue from the couch. For this, dampen a clean cloth and blot the treated area.
- The last step is to blot dry the area with a dry microfiber cloth.
Dried Urine Stain Removal
- For the removal of dried urine stain, you have to make a strong cleaning solution.
- Take a bowl and add 3% hydrogen peroxide (10 ounces), Baking soda (3 tablespoons, and 2-3 drops of dishwashing liquid and stir it well, until baking dissolves.
- Pour the solution into the spray bottle.
- Perform a patch test on the inconspicuous area of the couch.
Note: Don’t use baking powder instead of baking soda.
- Spray the cleaning solution onto the stained area and let sit for about 1 hour.
- Once your stain has vanished, dab the treated area with a damp cloth for the removal of cleaning solution residue from the couch. And then, blot it dry.
- Make sure there is no residue left on the couch, as it can attract the dirt on the couch fibres if not removed completely. And hydrogen peroxide in the solution can beach the furniture fabric.
Hire The Professional Upholstery Cleaners
If the stain is still there, calling the professional upholstery cleaners is the last option. You can also consider them calling in the first place if don’t want to risk your favorite couch. Fresh Upholstery Cleaning is one of the best upholstery cleaning service providers, offering their top-notch services in six cities of Australia, including Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth. Our cleaners are well-versed in the niche and are known for delivering high-end results. So, call us now and get rid of the stubborn stains off your upholstery.