Maintaining a couch or any Upholstery is the prime responsibility of the couch owner. Regular and proper care can extend its life span as well as enhance the grace of your upholstery. Sometimes people want to clean the couches and sofas with homemade cleaning solutions, but lack of knowledge binds their hand. Fortunately, for regular cleaning you don’t need to call professionals, here are a few tips which will help you to clean the couch. Still, you can hire our experts once a year to deep clean your whole upholstery as we deliver the best services for Couch Cleaning Melbourne. The expert’s way of cleaning is completely different from ours. Here are some beneficial tips. So, let’s discuss the various methods for Couch Cleaning at home:-
Understand The Codes Of Cleaning Fabric Couch.
You should learn a few important words for couch cleaning. These letters have a crucial role because they will tell you about the quality of fabric and how you can treat them as well.
W- W indicates that upholstery should be cleaned by water. Water should be the main component of a cleaning solution.
S- S is the symbol of Solvents. Cleansing should be done by a chemical-based solution.
S/W- This is the combination of both letters. These types of fabrics can be cleaned by water-based solutions or chemical-based solutions. Both will give you effective results.
How To Clean Fabric Couch With The Steamer:-
You should purchase a steamer that is specific for cleaning couches and Sofas. You can get advice from our Expert Couch Cleaners before using steamer because too much intense heat might damage the fabric of the couch. So, let’s start and see the procedure of using a steamer to clean couch at home:-
- Read the Manual:- When you purchase the couch steamer, a handy manual is given to you. Read that manual carefully to know the method of its uses.
- Vacuum Cleaner:– Vacuuming makes your couch clean as it removes all the dust and debris from the couch and the sofa.
- Keep The Proper Air Ventilation:- Once the vacuuming is done, open all the windows and fans of the space for proper ventilation so, that moisture can be dry.
- Testing;- This is one of the most important steps. You should examine the cleaner in a hidden spot on the outskirts of the couches.
- Allow them to dry:- Leave the couch for a few minutes to dry completely. Keep the windows and fans open.
- Vacuum again:– At the end of the method, once again you should do vacuuming steaming, which ensures that now the couch is completely clean and all set to use again. Remember to wait until couches are completely dry before vacuuming.
How to clean the stain from fabrics Couches:-
For abolishing stains, you can use white vinegar and Luke warm water. Make the solution of both and add a few drops of dishwasher liquid. Spray it on the contaminated area and leave it for a few minutes. After respected time rinse it with clean water and allow it to dry.
You can even use a Stain Remover Cleaner. Markets are flooded with these types of removers. They are pocket friendly as well as very effective on the stains. If stains are really tough in such cases you must hire professional cleaners to get your couch completely cleaned and fresh.
How To Disinfect a Couch
You can prepare a disinfectant oil solution at home. Mix tea tree oil which is known for its antibacterial property with a few drops of alcohol. Spray over the couch and after a few minutes run the vacuum over the couch. This solution will make your couch germ-free. For professional help, you can contact us online.
Related Blog: How To Get Rid Of Water Stains From Fabric Couch